Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2019

Update to the Update

Well, it looks like I never did come back with all that awesome craftiness I talked about in my last post!! Life happens, as they say.

I am currently in purging mode of all my scrapbooking/crafting supplies.  Did you know that I bought a sewing machine in 2014, and I have NEVER used it?? True story.

As I do every so many years, I am in a crafting slump. Honestly, I feel like all my creative outlets have taken a hit the last three years, and I haven't quite fully recovered.  I remember when I didn't have a dedicated craft room, I used to create more. Now I think I have too many supplies to choose from which give me crafty scatter brain, and I get overwhelmed by it all.

Here is a before and after picture of my craft room. It is finally somewhat organized after almost two years!! All those boxes & bags near the window are filled with supplies I need to donate or sell.


I think this picture is from late 2018 when I finally started trying to clean this up. I used to go to Tuesday Morning during my lunch break at work when I was most stressed out, and I just kept throwing those bags in here. YIKES!!

This is definitely better but still a work in progress. I did clean the carpet since taking this picture earlier this month!!


I think I need to go back to the basics of putting together my scrapbook pages and albums. Memory keeping is still very important to me, and as a writer, the story telling of our lives is very important.
So, I am going to start making kit boxes like I used to back when I first started scrapbooking. Back then, it was due to lack of space, as I didn't have a craft room. It may work for me again, or not. But as creatives we are always evolving and trying to adjust to our circumstances and environment in order to continue making our art, right?

Hope all is well on your end, crafty friend. 



Virginia

No comments: